The Jobey on...

My personal blog. This is where I unwind and just talk about random things I want to talk about...basically, it's here to clog the blogosphere with useless information...

Monday, May 09, 2005

Final Exam Week Post

on finals
I'm finally ready to start posting again. My trip to Miami went well. I graduated. NEO Fine Arts Dept. Chair Barbara George, a.k.a. Lumbergh's secretary, read my name. My dad came. My mom and grandma came. Paul and Erin came. Special thanks go out to everybody who made the trip up. I'm glad you could all be there.

I just finished my Latin final, making an 89, which should put me at an A for the semester. With that test out of the way, I have a two day break before my Anth. final, so I'll have some time to write something good, hopefully.

on Audioslave in Cuba
MTV has a pair of articles online about Audioslave playing Cuba last week. They played a 26-song, 2-1/2 hour set attended by 50,000 fans at La Tribuna Anti-Imperialista in Havana. The playlist reportedly included some of the new Audioslave material and also songs from Soundgarden and Rage Against the Machine. The concert serves as a reminder that sometimes it's good to be a communist. This isn't the first time an American artist or band has played in Cuba (Billy Joel and Kris Kristofferson, among others, did it back in 1979), but it's definitely the most exciting show an American band has put on in Cuba in a long time.

I really wish it would have been the original Rage Against the Machine that played Cuba. That would have been an amazing story.

on W. the Harvard MBA
Dailykos has a diary today concerning an article by one of our president's former profs at Harvard. I highly recommend that you read it.

the Jobey Poll
Which do you prefer: tennis shoes or oatmeal cream pies?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home