The Jobey on...

My personal blog. This is where I unwind and just talk about random things I want to talk about...basically, it's here to clog the blogosphere with useless information...

Friday, August 05, 2005

I'm lookin' California, but I'm feelin' Minnesota. Oh, yeaaah.

on our nation's legislature
I was just watching some of the hearings on the Liability of File-sharing Software Providers from last week and I got to thinking about another piece of legislation regarding liability that was passed recently. That would be the bill that eliminates liability for gun manufacturers and dealers in the event of crime.

I think I'm missing something here. Congress is worrying enough to slap restrictions on people who make and provide software that allows people to share songs, movies, etc., but they aren't worrying about keeping the gun manufacturers honest with the threat of legal action being sought against them in the event of gun related violence.

Basically, what I'm hearing from Congress at this point is, "We don't want y'all givin' folks a way to swap mp3s all willy-nilly, that's stealin'. But y'all providin' folks a way to kill each other with them guns, y'all are fine."

The gun industry has bought itself a big win, and the record industry looks to be doing the same. I guess all the families with uninsured children across the country can learn something from these scrappy Little Interests That Could: With enough hard work and tenacity and huge soft money donations, you can get anything you want from a Republican majority.

on the sweetness
Dude, seriously: I'm looking California. And, I am beginning to feel decreasingly Minnesota, as Chris Cornell might so eloquently put it. I'm jogging again, I'm lifting, I'm trying to eat right. Plus I'm starting to get a bit of a tan. My hair is still bad-ass. I ditched the laze-growth beard I was rocking in July.

School's about to start up, which will give me a reason to wake up in the morning. I know that sounds bad, but it's very true. Being a bum has taken a toll this summer, but I think I'm getting back on track. I feel pretty content. Maybe my feelings are getting drawn back toward the coast along with my look. Or at least they'll be in Wyoming or Colorado, you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home