The Jobey on...

My personal blog. This is where I unwind and just talk about random things I want to talk about...basically, it's here to clog the blogosphere with useless information...

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

"When I Was Cruel" by Elvis Costello

Alright, I'm all comfortable now and I'm ready to rant.

Recently, I noticed that people younger than me have taken an interest in lecturing me. In case they have forgotten, I'm older than them. If I wanna go out and have a few drinks, I will. If I want to go out and get completely fuckin' bombed, that's my business. That paper I should be working on in the meantime will get done when I say it does. Reality check: I'm a second-semester junior with a 3.90 GPA. There was a reason I worked my ass off my first two years: So I could party balls now. A wise man keeps telling me, "Don't take any guff off these swine." You know what? I won't.

I haven't played disc golf in almost two weeks. Maybe that's why I'm so cranky...no, wait a second...my life sucks balls anyway. Nevermind.

Damn, man. This semester's almost over. What do I have to show for it? First and foremost, I'm a lacrosse player now. That is truly excellent. Probably next on the list is the damage to my liver since August. That definitely ranks up there. Well, I'd actually put the massive debt incurred above the liver thing. That's gonna bite my ass some day. That's about it. I tried some new stuff over the past few months. Most of it failed. Remember when I was going to church? Yeah, I haven't been in over a month. Who knows? Maybe next semester will be better. (Goddamn, I get tired of saying that.)

"No direction home. A complete unknown." Bob Dylan

There it is. My life summed up in six words. I don't know where I've come from and I don't know where I'm going. Neither does anyone else.

I haven't seen much of the world in my life. I've seen even less of it on my own. I'd like to remedy that. But I don't have any money and I'll be damned if I'm joining the military. I want to see the rest of America. I want to see Europe. I want to drive to the end of the Pan American Highway, maybe stop to see Macchu Picchu along the way. I want to learn how to surf. I want to hike through Tibet. I want to know what the Mediterranean smells like at dusk.

How am I supposed to know where I want to end up if I don't know what's out there? "No direction home." That's what I'm left with.

The Jobey Poll
You're not going to comment any-damn-way. No poll for you.

2 Comments:

  • At 12/01/2005 11:34:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey,i'm only like four months younger, can i still lecture you, at least in my capacity as your physician?
    Well I'm gonna.
    But still, those swine are not to be taken guff from in any circumstance.

     
  • At 12/01/2005 12:27:00 PM, Blogger TheJobey said…

    As my physician, you retain the right to lecture me pertaining to my health and general well-being. That's fine as long as I can lecture you about your legal affairs as your attorney.
    I'll take no guff off these swine and call you this weekend. Limeade Surprise and firecrackers, my good man?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home