The Jobey on...

My personal blog. This is where I unwind and just talk about random things I want to talk about...basically, it's here to clog the blogosphere with useless information...

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

"Barely Legal" by the Strokes/"Twilight" by Elliott Smith

So, I'm in the middle of my space-wanting phase. Some people think that going through with that phase will bite me in the ass later (read: think I'm an idiot). Some people think it's a good idea (read: I'm dealing with some real freaks). Some people think I stepped in a pile of shit and I just can't get it off my shoe.

The problem becomes that I know what all these people think, but I don't know what I think yet.

Happy Valentine's Day, by the way. My plan to get drunk all day were quashed by that goddamned Film Noir take-home test. Mother fuck that test. I guess that was a blessing in disguise, as those pseudo-religious types around me might say.

I really hate this holiday and this year I feel even worse about it. It's probably because of something I said that Saturday morning. Yeah. That's part of it. Pipe dreams. Fuck.

The problem now is that I've been having memories from that day and the day before. And they are making me depressed. I mean, I'll be sitting in class and something will pop into my head and it's like I got punched in the gut. I don't know what it means.

"California waitin'
Everything has gotta be just right
Say
While you're tryin' to save me
Can I get back my lonely life?"

I've been lonely before and I'll be lonely again. I feel a little lonely now, but it's different. I didn't feel so empty inside when I was lonely before. I want my self-fulfillment back. It's coming back, which is good, but those moments when random memories wash up suck.

Anyway, I was just having a night cap and decided to bitch for a while on this fine, lovely, dandy Valentine's Day.

The Jobey Poll
If you're single, how was your day? If you're not, shut the fuck up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home