The Jobey on...

My personal blog. This is where I unwind and just talk about random things I want to talk about...basically, it's here to clog the blogosphere with useless information...

Sunday, June 05, 2005

"Long Hot Summer Night" by the Jimi Hendrix Experience

on totally random stuff
Went camping last night. There was some rain, not much. There was some lessons learned (Hot dogs and White Russians don't mix). Special thanks to Paul and Erin for helping pitch the tent, in the literal sense. Special thanks to Russell for prepping the site and refusing to quit when putting up the tarp got rough. Special thanks to Chris Cornell. Extra special thanks to Rachel because you made sure I didn't die. Actually, Rachel gets super extra mega thanks for that. I declare it. That's the upper eschelon of thanks around here, Rachel, good show! Special thanks to everybody who came out and saw me off in...well, style, if you can call it that. (If you would like your shout-out removed for any reason, contact me, ya drunks!)

I live in Norman now. So far, only two of my summer desires have been realized. I went to a Driller's game the Wednesday and I've played some frisbee and some disc golf (Shot 1-under at Chandler Monday). As of yet, go carts have not been ridden, nor Denny's eaten at the expense of others. Look to August.

Three things I noticed at the supermarket: 1) Milk, an item on most shopper's lists, is at the back of most supermarkets. That pisses me off. 2) Albertson's currently has one of the weirdest sales I have ever seen: 10 for $10 on mustard. I had to ask myself, "Who needs that much damn mustard not in a squeeze bottle?" 3) Albertson's also has an impressive cigar case up front and really good prices on most of those cigars.

My dad showed me "Desiderata" by Max Erhmann this afternoon before I left for Norman. I suggest you read it. He gave me a copy to hang in the room in which I'm staying, which I have just done.

on Matt Blunt, dead Confederates, and the like
Ok, so, Rep. Matt Blunt (R-MO) was trying to have the Confederate flag flown over a Higginsville, MO, Confederate cemetary for (get this) Confederate Memorial Dayvtoday. The NAACP, among others, is, understandably, pissed. That flag should never fly in this nation. Not only because of the racist overtones implicit in the image of that flag, but the Confederates lost the war, and, therefore, lost their right to fly their flag on American soil in my view. Blunt (huh-huh) is trying to pick up the votes in the "pickup-truck-with-the-gun-rack" and Klan crowds, both of which have pretty strong numbers in the great red state of Missouri. Flying the Confederate flag over the Confederate Memorial Day festivities is nothing more than a way to patronize the dead and strengthen a politician's image with racist-ass white people. There I said it.

the Jobey Poll
The Confederate Flag: WTF, dude?

3 Comments:

  • At 6/08/2005 06:27:00 PM, Blogger TheJobey said…

    It is the south we're talking about, so I wouldn't be surprised. I actually kind of hope that some day the south does try to rise again, because it will be great seeing them get their asses handed to them...again.

     
  • At 6/09/2005 01:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    don't worry john nobles, you'll get your dennys....cross my heart~ i miss you and all that raquetball fun we had...especially that time that i ran into the wall, yeah that was pretty great~

     
  • At 6/09/2005 08:51:00 PM, Blogger TheJobey said…

    I'll believe it when I'm eating a Grand Slam, Cranfield.

    P.S. Thanks for cussing me out and saying 'big floppy donkey dick.' I needed that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home